Karl Knauer acquires HEPACK

Buy side

Karl Knauer - HEPACK (markus-spiske-445251-unsplash.jpg)

Sell side
HEPACK druck+verpackung GmbH

Buy side
Karl Knauer KG

Within the scope of the strategic business development, Karl Knauer KG headquartered in Biberach/Baden (Germany) and an additional site in Pniewy (Poland) acquired 75% of the company shares of HEPACK druck+Verpackung GmbH headquartered in Neuenstein (Germany) and is therefore the majority shareholder. Peter Heim, managing director of HEPACK GmbH, stays at the group as managing director and retains the remaining 25% of the shares. In the course of the takeover Richard Kammerer. The acquisition is part of the growth strategy of the Knauer-Group and results in a substantial increase in production capacity. Additionally, the take-over allows for the expansion in the food packaging division. The Knauer-group stated to retain all former employees, which leads according to the company’s own information, to an overall headcount of more than 700.

We acted as the exclusive financial advisor to the buyer. Our services comprised the supporting of the acquisition process, including company valuation and the supporting of the contractual negotiations.

“HEPACK is extremely lean and produces food packaging in top quality at a very competitive price. In all other lines of business, Karl Knauer KG is represented with a broad product range and has for many years demonstrated high innovative capabilities - the best requisite for a successful joint future!”

Richard Kammerer

Executive partner Karl Knauer KG

Karl Knauer KG is a successful, medium-sized company in the packaging and advertising material sector. The core competencies are individualized packaging solutions, a broad range of advertising materials as well as gift packagings composed of various materials like cardboard, corrugated cardboard and paper. Another strong business segment is the development of packaging machines. The extraordinary broad service and production range in combination with the state-of-the-art packaging technologies ensure that Karl Knauer KG is the key contact for well-known customers in industries like cosmetics, body care, pharmaceuticals, health, agriculture, food, beverages as well as consumer and industrial goods.

“Only a few months ago we were rivals on a highly competitive market. Now we can pool our expertise and jointly look forward to a successful future! This acquisition generates precious synergies, which will also benefit our customers and suppliers.“

Stefanie Wieckenberg

Executive partner Karl Knauer KG

The family-owned company HEPACK GmbH is a leading specialist for the production of folding boxes mainly for the food, confectionery and sanitary industry. Modern production machineries and a longstanding expertise in the packaging industry are the foundation of their success.